Gutter Apron Installation
What are gutter aprons?
Why do you need a gutter apron installation? The gutter apron is a covering that goes over the roof deck, under the shingles and over the edge of the gutters. Generally it is a long piece of metal fold that starts under the first course of shingles and hangs over the sheathing of the roof. The apron works to prevent water from leaking under the shingles and potentially rotting your roof fascia.
What is the major benefit of a gutter apron installation?
There is nothing like having a gutter apron installed on your roof. The benefits far outweigh any costs that you may incur. Gutters are important because:
- Soil around the house is stabilized
- Foundation problems can be avoided
- Flooding under houses and in basements can be prevented
- Erosion can be prevented and this preserves landscaping and turf
- Water damage to siding can be prevented
- Water staining on brick and stone masonry can be prevented
- Settling and cracking of sidewalks, patios and driveways can be lessened
- Exterior doors and garage overhead doors can be preserved
Get Your Gutter Apron Installation Today! Call Us at 317-983-0258
Is a gutter apron installation necessary?
Unlike drip edge systems, where water is sucked back in to the drip edge and then behind the gutters, this system actually diverts the water back to the gutters allowing for a smoother water down flow, free from debris. If you don’t have gutter aprons then you can expect not to have much water protection and your roofing contractor will need to possibly replace your entire roof due to rotting fascia which ultimately leads to a complete roof deck repair. If water is dripping behind your gutter, it’s probably because it was installed without any flashing over the back of the gutter. The gutter apron is a type of flashing for your roof.
Do your gutters have drip edge or have they had a gutter apron installation in the recent past?
If your current gutters do not have a drip edge which goes on the roof edge up under the shingles and water barrier, not on the actual gutters, like an apron. The apron works to minimize backsplash or wind blowing it onto the fascia board, which prevent it doing so you end up with fascia and trim and sheathing edge water damage because of the gutter cover. Here are some connections to some general roofing contractors that are gutter apron as well as general roofing specialists.
- Indianapolis Indiana Roofing Contractors
- Brownsburg Indiana Roofing Contractors
- Carmel Indiana Roofing Contractors
- Greenwood Indiana Roofing Contractors
If you are in need of a gutter apron installation then you need to contact us at 317-983-0258
This is the service area that My Roof Guys covers: